Monday 20 May 2013

Personal Glimpses about stroke.


After their father's stroke in 1961,
Jack and Bobby presence stimulated the independent old man to try walking without a brace.
He stood erect for a moment, then began staggering.
In a lightning move, Bobby grabbed his father.
His father then tried to struggle loose and began swatting at his son with his cane.
Bobby laughed, eased his fist shaking father into a chair and kissed him.
Then he said, "Dad, if you want to get up, give me your arm and I'll hold you until you get your balance.
You've done that for me all my life, so why can't I do the same for you now?"
-Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.,Robert Kennedy and His Times (Houghton Mifflin)



The picture has nothing to do with the story. 
Anyway, Do not forget your parents, always love them till the day they are gone from this world. 

Have a nice day ahead! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment