Wednesday 20 March 2013

Magician embarrassment? hehe.


Hired to perform as a magician at a church banquet, I closed my act by "magically" producing candy for all of the children, and then took a seat next to the podium to listen to a speech by the school superintendent. Soon i noticed a small boy in the fourth row trying desperately to get my attention. 
I pretended to ignore him, 
but the more uninterested I appeared, 
the more outlandish his attention-getting antics became.
By mid-speech, the superintendent was visibly annoyed. In a final effort to save his speech,
he turned to me and said,
"I suppose if I am ever to continue, you should find out what is troubling that young man."
Embarrassed, I went over to the child.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
In a loud voice, he replied,
"My mom says I can't eat candy. Could you make mine a 
peanut butter and jelly sandwich?"


Submitted by ralph.

Awwwww... children. So cute. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment